Close

    • VF-Engineering presents BoostAddict.com Drag Day May 5th, 2019 at Famoso Raceway

      Ladies and gentlemen, it's finally time to get off the keyboards and get to the track. BoostAddict.com in association with VF-Engineering is proud to present the BoostAddict.com 1/4 mile drag day at the Famoso dragstrip in McFarland, CA.


      Where? Auto Club Famoso Raceway: https://aaafamosoraceway.com/

      When is it? 5-5-2019

      What time? 9 AM - 5 PM

      Who is welcome? All BoostAddict.com vendors and members

      What is the price? $250 per car

      Are both lanes prepped? Yes!

      How do I pay? Send $250 by Paypal to admin@boostaddict.com or contact for different payment options (credit card, cash, venmo, etc.)

      The amount of cars is limited so this is first come first serve. Vendors have already reserved spots and the tentative list as of this writing is below and will be updated as the list is filled out:

      1. @sticky 991.2 Carrera
      2. @sticky E92 M3
      3. RESERVED - Burger Tuning
      4. RESERVED - Burger Tuning
      5. RESERVED - Burger Tuning
      6. RESERVED - Burger Tuning
      7. RESERVED - @Payam@BMS
      8. RESERVED - @Payam@BMS
      9. RESERVED - @Weistec 720S stock
      10. RESERVED - @Weistec 720S modded
      11. RESERVED - @Tony@VargasTurboTech
      12. RESERVED - @Tony@VargasTurboTech
      13. RESERVED - @Tony@VargasTurboTech
      14. RESERVED - @HankIroz
      15. RESERVED - @HankIroz
      16. RESERVED - @HankIroz
      17. RESERVED - @HankIroz
      18. RESERVED - @Sales@Gintani.com
      19. RESERVED - @Sales@Gintani.com
      20. RESERVED - @Sales@Gintani.com
      21. RESERVED - Dyno Spectrum
      22. RESERVED - Dyno Spectrum
      23. RESERVED - @Markblackwell
      24. RESERVED - @F16HTON
      25. RESERVED - @3DMetal
      26. RESERVED - VF-Engineering


      Final 25 spots or so are open.

      This is an experienced drag race group so they will know what tires, fuels, helmets, etc., to bring. If you need help, just ask in this thread.

      Helmet
      Required in all vehicles 13.99 seconds and quicker. Helmet must meet NHRA approved SNELL rating and must have required label on the inside of the helmet. SNELL 2010 good until 1-1-2022. SNELL 2015 good until 2027. D.O.T. ONLY HELMETS ARE NOT LEGAL.

      Spectators are welcome just please pay $10 for parking and keep your cars out of the pits.

      Now is the time to pay for your spot!

      BoostAddict.com will be recording all runs and will cover the event with photos, videos, and an article.

      If you are a vendor that would like to be included, do not hesitate to e-mail: admin@boostaddict.com


      This article was originally published in forum thread: MAY 5TH BOOSTADDICT DRAG DAY FAMOSO started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 233 Comments
      1. Torgus's Avatar
        Torgus -
        You must spread reputation around before rating this user again.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by suspenceful Click here to enlarge
        You asked for thoughts/feedback on a date change.

        We gave it to you.

        You clearly don't like what we have have to say, so why did you ask in the first place?

        I understand it's "your" event but as the host of an event, it is your responsibility to make it happen and offer a good experience for the attendees. You can't control the weather, but to change the date a week before the event because your personal car isn't ready, that's not cool. This wasn't a "STICKY RUNS HIS CAR AT FAMOSO DRAG DAY" event, and you're taking it personally now. You didn't have to create an event just to run your car, the local strip is open frequently for that...

        You clearly don't appreciate what I'm saying, but it needs to be said.
        You clearly don't appreciate the time, cost, and effort that goes into prepping cars (two in my case) for the strip and doing things nobody has ever done.

        You ever send a transmission across the globe?

        Sorry we reached limits. It happens. This is car tuning. Nothing I can do about it and it is not within my control.

        We reschedule and push forward because the goal is to set record times. If you don't understand this you have never pushed any platform or set any records.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pr3ci5n335i Click here to enlarge
        Change the thread title to Joe's Drag Day Famoso because it's not about BoostAddicts members. It's Joe's day and everyone is invited to help pay for your track prep rental.

        DISCLAIMER
        If for some reason the day I chose doesn't work for me, the "event" will be cancelled.
        Rescheduled, not cancelled. I also said you guys can still use this date and my deposit toward it but nobody is wanting to do so...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Additionally, you guys forget Shift Sector is a week before and shops are busy prepping cars for that event which leaves little time for the drag day. Vendors want a reschedule as well.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Ok guys so our only option is to run in June on the 15th and we can run at night to keep things cooler but keeping the lights on is $250 per hour which I will gladly pay out of pocket.

        If you don't like that, then we reschedule into cooler weather after the summer.
      1. Payam@BMS's Avatar
        Payam@BMS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Ok guys so our only option is to run in June on the 15th and we can run at night to keep things cooler but keeping the lights on is $250 per hour which I will gladly pay out of pocket.

        If you don't like that, then we reschedule into cooler weather after the summer.
        Night is better IMO. It will be hot but at least not constant scorching heat from the sun.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Payam@BMS Click here to enlarge
        Night is better IMO. It will be hot but at least not constant scorching heat from the sun.
        Exactly.

        It's 93 today at Famoso. Going to be 90 something next Sunday during the day.

        Might as well do night time with a reschedule.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        For guys waiting on refunds, I had to transfer money to the Paypal account from my checking account.

        It takes a few days but it should be in there Monday.

        For everyone else, I'm making arrangements for a new drag event that will be much better... hang tight.
      1. Urmom's Avatar
        Urmom -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by suspenceful Click here to enlarge
        You asked for thoughts/feedback on a date change.

        We gave it to you.

        You clearly don't like what we have have to say, so why did you ask in the first place?

        I understand it's "your" event but as the host of an event, it is your responsibility to make it happen and offer a good experience for the attendees. You can't control the weather, but to change the date a week before the event because your personal car isn't ready, that's not cool. This wasn't a "STICKY RUNS HIS CAR AT FAMOSO DRAG DAY" event, and you're taking it personally now. You didn't have to create an event just to run your car, the local strip is open frequently for that...

        You clearly don't appreciate what I'm saying, but it needs to be said.
        This !
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Urmom Click here to enlarge
        This !
        I love people who were not attending $#@!ing about an event they were never going to make being rescheduled.

        Click here to enlarge
      1. JohnDaviz's Avatar
        JohnDaviz -
        This is a $#@!ing hilarious thread.

        I am really sorry for all the ppl who planned and paid things and lost money due to this poor poor mans abilities to do things.

        But what really kills me is the inability to take the responsibility for the failure. low life character.
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JohnDaviz Click here to enlarge
        This is a $#@!ing hilarious thread.

        I am really sorry for all the ppl who planned and paid things and lost money due to this poor poor mans abilities to do things.

        But what really kills me is the inability to take the responsibility for the failure. low life character.
        I’m a lowlife because my cars are getting tuned?

        What is my poor ability? To force Porsche to make their PDK handle turbo upgrades? I’m a lowlife because others will benefit from knowing said limit and me being the first to test it?

        Money is refunded and I offered to pay out of pocket for people to go and race still on the same date but I would not be there for the aforementioned reasons of car tuning.

        You’re a sad, pathetic person.
      1. Payam@BMS's Avatar
        Payam@BMS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JohnDaviz Click here to enlarge
        This is a $#@!ing hilarious thread.

        I am really sorry for all the ppl who planned and paid things and lost money due to this poor poor mans abilities to do things.

        But what really kills me is the inability to take the responsibility for the failure. low life character.
        Hotels and trailers are all refundable till the day of. Racegas can always be stored for later.
        What else can they lose? What if it rained on May 5th? They lose more, then what?
      1. F16HTON's Avatar
        F16HTON -
        I spent over $7K in preparation for this event, no $#@!ing either. Dates change and we adapt. Had many events at dragstrip cancelled/rescheduled in past, probably many more in future.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by F16HTON Click here to enlarge
        I spent over $7K in preparation for this event, no $#@!ing either. Dates change and we adapt. Had many events at dragstrip cancelled/rescheduled in past, probably many more in future.
        Just so people don't think you're BS'ing or insane, his car needs to come over from Hawaii and will do so regardless.
      1. Payam@BMS's Avatar
        Payam@BMS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Just so people don't think you're BS'ing or insane, his car needs to come over from Hawaii and will do so regardless.
        Now that's some dedication!
      1. HankIroz's Avatar
        HankIroz -
        If I was to take over the event and deposit, how many people are signed up at this point, and what is the remainder. You can message me if you need obviously.

        Hank
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HankIroz Click here to enlarge
        If I was to take over the event and deposit, how many people are signed up at this point, and what is the remainder. You can message me if you need obviously.

        Hank
        I've begun refunding already so don't think it would work.

        Hank, you never paid for your spots I held. I sent invoices as requested and was ignored and tried to coordinate with you. To be fair you were not the only vendor to ask for spots to reserve and not pay for them which affected the event.

        Regardless, I'm working on another date with another strip. You're more than welcome once again to come and it will be in cooler weather.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Hank and I are speaking and thinking of doing Sac.

        I know many of you feel that is too far but it doesn't bother me and we'll just split the costs for less cars.
      1. Newguy123's Avatar
        Newguy123 -
        Too far for me. Down for fomoso though, otherwise you can refund me Click here to enlarge



        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Hank and I are speaking and thinking of doing Sac.

        I know many of you feel that is too far but it doesn't bother me and we'll just split the costs for less cars.